Last updated - 5/9/2010
The conference home is this CrowdVine site. It includes announcements, the conference programme, discussions, poster voting, delegate profiles and blog posts. CrowdVine is public but only delegates can register and interact here.
The full programme is on CrowdVine including a schedule tool to create a personalised, exportable schedule.
There are links to PDFs of the main conference documents (Introduction and Abstracts, Proceedings, Programme Guide, etc.) on the ALT Open Access Repository.
ALT-C 2010 is expected to have an active ‘backchannel’ with delegates and non-delegates communicating and sharing resources online.
- Delegates can contribute to discussions on CrowdVine.
- Twitter is likely to be the busiest backchannel. Please include #altc2010 in your updates. A plasma screen in the refreshments area at the venue will be displaying the #altc2010 twitter stream. You can also follow ALT’s Twitter account: @A_L_T.
- There is also a public Facebook page.
Keynotes & Invited Speakers
- The keynotes and invited speaker sessions will all be broadcast live & recorded via Elluminate, with links provided to Elluminate session within CrowdVine.
- After the conference the video recordings of keynote and invited speaker sessions will be made available on the ALT YouTube channel.
Presenters will be encouraged to post slides / links to the CrowdVine programme
A number of sessions, particularly workshops & symposia will have a presence on Cloudworks with discussions & further resources added by delegates & non-delegates.
Please use the altc2010 tag when adding resources to Social Media sites such as Flickr & Youtube.
ALT is aggregating a selection of delegates’ blog posts offering reflections on individual sessions and the conference as a whole. These will be displayed on Crowdvine, Facebook & available as a Feed for personal feed readers.
Best Poster Competition
Two prizes will be awarded for the best Poster with the winners announced at the Gala Dinner on Wednesday 8th September. Votes will be counted in two categories:
1. votes from conference delegates;
2. votes from the wider world.
You can vote online between 07:30 on Tuesday 7 September and 16:00 on Wednesday 8 September.